The Pinnacle of Powerful Navigation and Multimedia
Intelligent Double DIN HDD Navigation System with DVD
HDD Music Library (10GB) with Voice Command
XM NavTraffic™ Ready
The next generation of the ultimate in HDD navigation and multimedia is here. Pioneer's AVIC-Z2 is a double-DIN size, all-in-one system equipped with a 30GB hard disk drive (HDD) to deliver information, entertainment, and convenience on the road. Between the Z2's ultra-fast processing and the massive Tele Atlas database offering 12 million points of interest, getting where you need to be has never been so easy. And with a built-in HDD music library, DVD playback on the large 7-inch display, and iPod direct control expansion, the Z2 ensures that you'll be entertained every minute along the way.
For 2007, the AVIC-Z2 replaces the AVIC-Z1 featuring all of the powerful capabilities of its predecessor, while adding some cool new enhancements, including:
The AVIC-Z2 takes advantage of a new mapping feature, Point Addressing. Many destinations are now geocoded to a precise location, rather than to an address range, making routing more precise than ever before.
3D Landmark Icons and Updated POI Icons
The AVIC-Z2's graphic map interface features 3D landmark icons for airports, amusement parks, golf courses, stadiums, and zoos. POI icons appear on the map en route, making it easy to identify the locations closest to your path.
Traffic Icons and Traffic Flow Lanes
An enhanced display of traffic conditions of a 1.0 ~ 2.5-mile map scales provides maximum navigation efficiency (requires subscription to XM NavTraffic™ service, not available in Canada).
Bluetooth Voice Operation*
Dial any of your programmed entries on the internal hard disk phone book with a simple voice command.
*Requires use of ND-BT1 adapter
Smarter Navigation and Familiar Path Routing
The AVIC-Z2 uses a "smart routing algorithm" to analyze and assess routes by taking into account current road data - such as posted speed limits, number of turns to the destination, etc. - and recommends the most efficient path. It also conveniently "remembers" your frequently traveled roads and uses that personal historical information to help you navigate.
Smarter Voice Recognition
The AVIC-Z2's advanced voice recognition makes voice command easier than ever. You can search for destinations by saying a name - like "LAX" - without having to specify a category, such as "airport." Full address searches can be done by saying the city name, street name, and address. The system can also accept multiple commands, such as "go to LAX and display San Francisco." In addition, the system can recognize a larger vocabulary than ever, letting you use alternative words for the same command - such as "go to" or "search," instead of "destination." Voice commands for A/V sources and other attachments like Bluetooth wireless-enabled cell phones are just as easy.
Follow Your Guide
The AVIC-Z2 uses a Text-to-Speech (TTS) engine and Tele Atlas phoneme data, which enables the system to accurately pronounce street names during voice guidance. For example, the system will pronounce "turn right on La Jolla Street" with an "H", greatly improving its assistance ability.
Store Songs Internally. Command Playback Vocally.
Want quick access to tons of songs? The AVIC-Z2 allows use of up to 10 gigabytes of its HDD space for a music library. You can listen to music while ripping and storing tracks at 4 times the playing speed. The system also includes the Gracenote CDDB™ Music Recognition Service, which automatically "tags" the music you record with the artist name, song title, genre, and album title. This allows you to conveniently access songs by simply saying the artist name, song title, genre, or album title.
The Gracenote CDDB database for your AVIC-Z2 is updated every 4-6 months. Download the latest version here.
Go Wireless with Bluetooth*
Take your hands off your phone and call safer using the AVIC-Z2 with Bluetooth wireless-enabled cellular phones for easy, hands-free operation, which allows you to talk via the headunit's microphone and your vehicle's speaker system. To make calling even easier, you can store the phone book on the Z2's hard disk and access it by voice or the touch screen display. For even greater convenience, you can access phone numbers associated with the POI database, letting you call the location you are being guided to.
*Optional ND-BT1 adapter required
There's no need to worry about the AVIC-Z2 looking good in your dash. The Z2 is designed for a perfect fit in many vehicles that feature a "double-DIN" size. The system seems to melt into the dashboard, providing a fit and finish similar to factory systems. The front panel is motorized to provide access to the hidden disc slots, and the default position can be set to any of 6 choices for the optimum viewing angle.
Just a Touch Away
Using Pioneer's navigation system is a snap. Just touch large, bright icons on the screen to navigate menus, plot routes, or change map views. An easy to read status indicator provides current location information, turn distances and approximate time to destination. The touch screen has extremely fast response rates and a wide viewing angle.
Best Seat in the House
Besides being a navigation system, the AVIC-Z2 is a full-featured mobile entertainment hub. The built-in DVD/CD player allows you to play either DVD Video (for the rear seat entertainment capability), or CDs with audio or MP3 files. If you're a radio listener you'll get great sounding AM/FM radio from the high-performance Supertuner IIID tuner and you can expand the Z2 with a digital satellite radio tuner to enjoy even more music options on XM or Sirius Satellite Radio. Whatever your media preference, the music comes alive with maximum power (MOSFET50) and sound performance (Easy EQ).
Connect and Direct Your iPod
If you're the type to listen to your iPod everywhere you go, you'll love the ability to access your iPod library through your car stereo via the AVIC-Z2. The Pioneer iPod adapter (CD-IB100II) allows direct control and playback of iPod via the large touch panel display. Easily connect an iPod via this dedicated adapter and using the intuitive on-screen interface, listeners can scroll through the iPod library and play music.
Watch Your Vehicle's Rear
Keep an eye on your backside using the optional Rear View Camera (ND-BC2). Two rear-view modes are offered: while you're in reverse the rear-view camera can be in full screen. Or while moving forward, you can also see what's behind you with the rear-view split screen, which displays both the navigation map and the rear-view camera image.
Traffic? Never Fear
Fighting traffic will never be the same again. Using the available GEX-P10XMT* XM NavTraffic Satellite Radio Tuner, XM NavTraffic™** powered by NAVTEQ Traffic allows Pioneer Navigation Systems to serve as a powerful tool in helping understand traffic conditions and routing the driver to their destination, avoiding traffic congestion. If there is a traffic jam on the route to your destination, the Navigation System will automatically alert you, and suggest any alternate route found by the unit.
* GEX-P10XMT not available for sale from Pioneer Electronics of Canada, Inc.
** Requires XM radio subscription and XM NavTraffic™ service subscriptions sold separately (XM NavTraffic™ service is not available in Canada).
Roadside Assistance Display
The AVIC-Z2 ensures extremely easy access to roadside assistance information. The unit shows emergency phone numbers and your current location — by street name, city, and state, plus longitude and latitude. The units also display any personal information you've entered, including vehicle identification number, insurance number, and insurance company phone number. There is even a dedicated icon for easily locating the nearest car dealer.
*Do not use your AVIC-Z2 while driving if doing so will divert your attention in any way from the safe operation of your vehicle. Always observe safe driving rules. In some states certain operations of your AVIC-Z2 while driving may be illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed.
* Optional GEX-P10XMT (sold separately) required for traffic information integration. Also requires XM Radio and XM NavTraffic ™(not available in Canada), service subscription (sold separately). The availability of satellite data (XM NavTraffic and GPS) depends on the ability of the antenna to receive a satellite signal. The signal may be unavailable if obstructed (e.g., by buildings, mountains, trees, bridges, bad weather, etc.). Also, XM NavTraffic™ data may be unavailable or not current if the original data source is not providing data (e.g., scheduled or unscheduled downtime) or has not been updated itself, or if there is a time lag between the time the original data source is updated and when you receive the updated XM NavTraffic data. GEX-P10XMT is not available for sale from Pioneer Electronics of Canada, Inc.
* CDDB is a registered trademark of Gracenote. The Gracenote logo and logotype, the Gracenote CDDB logo and logotype, and the "Powered by Gracenote CDDB" logo are trademarks of Gracenote. Music Recognition Service and MRS are service marks of Gracenote.
* The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. © Bluetooth SIG, Inc. 2006
* iPod is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
* XM Satellite Radio and XM NavTraffic ™, are subscription services not affiliated with Pioneer Electronics - service is available only in certain locations within the continental U.S. and Canada. More information is available at www.xmradio.ca.
* Sirius Satellite Radio is a subscription service not affiliated with Pioneer Electronics - service is available only in the 48 continental U.S. states (not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories) and Canada. More information is available at www.siriuscanada.ca.
- 7.0 Inch / 16:9
- 336,960 (1,440 x 234)
- 15 Navi, 15 A/V
- JPEG (CD-R)
- Brightness, Contrast, Color, Hue, Dimmer Settings
- Motorized Disc Access
HDD Music Library
- Title/Artist/Genre (Album &amp;amp;amp; Track)
- Album, Artist, Genre, MyMix
- 4x (Auto/Single/Manual)
- Audio CD only
- 1 (DVD/CD)
Supertuner (AM/FM Radio)
- Supertuner III&amp;amp;lt;i&amp;amp;gt;D&amp;amp;lt;/i&amp;amp;gt;
- Selectable (4-Step)
Digital Radio Capability
- Enhanced Graphical (GEX-P10XMT or GEX-P920XM Required)
- Yes (SIR-PNR2 Required)
Bluetooth Wireless Technology
- Optional ND-BT1
- Not Available
- Not Available
iPod Control Capability
- Adapter (CD-IB100II Required)
- Not Available
- CD-RB10 or CD-RB20 required
- 1 (AV1)
- Video Output
- Tri-Zone (Front/Rear/Navi)
- MOSFET 50W x 4
- 22W x 4
- EEQ (3-Band Parametric)
- 3 Mode
- 50/80/125Hz, -12dB/Oct.
- 50/80/125Hz, -12dB/Oct.
- 3 pair (Front, Rear, Sub/Non-Fading)
- 2.2V, 1k Ohm
- Optional DEQ-P8000
- AXM-P8000 Required
- Optional (CD-SR1)
- 2DIN (7&amp;amp;quot; x 4&amp;amp;quot; x 6-1/2&amp;amp;quot;)
- Not required
- 1 Year
Important Note: One of the benefits of registering your Pioneer product is automatic email notification of new firmware and software updates, so register today.
Updated on 9/14/07
Gracenote CDDB Update
Updated on 2/25/10