5¼" Component Speaker Package with 180 Watts Max. Power
- 35 Watts Nominal Power
- Revolutionary Basalt Fiber IMX speaker cones provide ideal performance to deliver amazing sound
Dual-Layer IMX (Injection Molded Matrix) Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone
To create new D-Series speakers, Pioneer developed the industry’s first basalt fiber made from natural rock interwoven with aramid fiber. Used in the surface layer, this Aramid/Basalt Fiber material is highly rigid and better absorbent, enhancing stability and maintaining integrity throughout a wide temperature range.
Rear Chamber Tweeter Enclosure
D-Series speakers feature an exclusive rear chamber tweeter enclosure that we first used in our famed PRS speakers. It extends mid-range frequency for improved vocal imaging and staging.
The built-in -12dB/Octave HPF and LPF crossover improves the transition from mid to high frequency, for a smoother mid-range to tweeter response. Audiophile-grade capacitors and inductors are used, and all components are encased in a clear acrylic cover for protection.
Smooth Off-Axis Response
- Optimal Choice of Tweeter Diaphragm Shapes
Lower Crossover Frequency
- Large-Sized Tweeter Diaphragm (1-1/8" diameter)
- Rear Chamber
- Light Weight Soft-Dome Diaphragm
- High-Quality Passive Crossover Network (Woofer, LPF: -6 dB; Tweeter, HPF: -12 dB)
- Thick Woofer Basket
- Large-Sized Woofer Magnet
- Dual-Layer IMX (Injection Molded Matrix) Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone
Fits 6"x8" Applications!
The included 6"x8" adapter allows this component set to also be used in many Ford and Mazda vehicles that feature a 6"x8" speaker application size.
- 180 Watts
- 35 Watts
- 35 Hz to 33 kHz
- 88 dB
- 2-1/4" (57.5 mm)
- 4-3/4" (121 mm)
- Dual-Layer IMX Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone
- Butyl Rubber for Smoother Response
- OFC Copper
- Aramid Fiber
- OFC Copper
- 1-1/8" Soft Dome with Magnetic Fluid and Neodymium Magnet
- Rear Chamber Design for Lower Crossover Frequency
- Full Depth Basket for Rich Bass Response
- Audiophile-Grade Outboard with -12dB/Oct. LPF/HPF
- 6x8 Adapter Included
- Surface (Angled), Flush and Invisible Tweeter Mounting