5-1/4" 2-Way Speaker with 180 Watts Max. Power
- 35 Watts Nominal Power
- Revolutionary Basalt Fiber IMX speaker cones provide ideal performance to deliver amazing sound
Dual-Layer IMX (Injection Molded Matrix) Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone
To create new D-Series speakers, Pioneer developed the industry’s first basalt fiber made from natural rock interwoven with aramid fiber. Used in the surface layer, this Aramid/Basalt Fiber material is highly rigid and better absorbent, enhancing stability and maintaining integrity throughout a wide temperature range.
Rear Chamber Tweeter Enclosure
D-Series speakers feature an exclusive rear chamber tweeter enclosure that we first used in our famed PRS speakers. It extends mid-range frequency for improved vocal imaging and staging.
Smooth Off-Axis Response
- Optimal Choice of Tweeter Diaphragm Shapes
- Wave Guides control sound dispersion to make sound stage wider in the car.
Lower Crossover Frequency
- Large-Sized Tweeter Diaphragm (3/4" diameter)
- Rear Chamber
- Light Weight Soft-Dome
- Thick Woofer Basket
- Large-Sized Woofer Magnet
- Dual-Layer IMX (Injection Molded Matrix) Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone